The “Faber house” in Berlin
After the German Empire was established in 1871, Berlin had grown to an important capital city. A.W. Faber also had a presence there, and on “Empire Day” in 1884 it opened smart business premises on the elegant Friedrichstrasse. The ground floor housed a generously proportioned shop, while upstairs were the storeroom and offices for the manager and his staff. This “Faber house” was famous, but sadly was destroyed in the bombing of Berlin during the Second World War.