This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the websites located at www.fabercastell.com, www.fabercastell.webdamdb.com, www.creativitycan.com, www.creativity-connection.com, www.creativityforkids.com, www.designmemorycraft.typepad.com and www.graf-von-faber-castell.us and all affiliated websites (our “Websites”) and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting and disclosing that information.
We have designed our Websites with parents and children in mind. We appreciate and respect our visitors' concerns for their safety when personal information is shared with us. We are committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that is submitted to us. We do not sell or share any information to third parties. While we take reasonable measures to safeguard the confidential information that you provide, Faber-Castell has no liability for the disclosure of any information that is obtained due to transmission errors or for the disclosure of any information obtained by any unauthorized acts by third parties.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On our Websites;
- In e-mail, text and other electronic messages between you and our Websites; or
- Through mobile and desktop applications you download from our Websites, which provide dedicated non-browser-based interaction between you and our Websites.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- Us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Company or any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries); or
- Any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries).
If you wish to browse the Websites, you may generally do so anonymously. There is no need to provide any personal information while browsing our Websites. If you choose to contact us requesting assistance with products, product information or general questions we ask for your personal information on our contact us page. This information helps us process your inquiry and provide the best service possible.
Children Under the Age of 13
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Websites, including information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, or any other information the Websites collect that is defined as personal or personally identifiable information under an applicable law (“personal information”);
- That is about you but individually does not identify you, such as your such as your demographic, gender, location; and/or
- About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Websites and usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us; and/or
- Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses and information collected through cookies, web beacons and other tracking technologies.
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect on or through our Websites may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Websites, which includes, but is not limited to, information provided at the time of subscribing to our service, or requesting further services (e.g., First Name, Last Name, Address, Phone Number);
- Information collected when you report a problem with our Websites;
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail addresses), if you contact us; and/or
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Websites and of the fulfillment of your orders (you may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through our Websites).
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we (or a third party designated by us) may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Websites, including traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Websites.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, the page(s) you request, the domain name of the website from which you may link to the Website, your computer operating system and browser type.
The information we (or a third party designated by us) collect automatically is statistical data and does not include personal information. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Websites according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Websites.
The technologies we (or a third party designated by us) use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies - Certain features of our Websites may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from and on our Websites. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. For information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies, see the section entitled Choices about How We Use and Disclose Your Information below.
- Web Beacons - Pages of our the Websites and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs. pixel tags and single-pixel gifs) that permit Faber-Castell, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an e-mail and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
How We Use Your Information
We may use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- When you submit your personal information to us unless you specify otherwise, you are entered into our consumer database. You are then on our list to receive e-mails regarding our special promotional offers and new product introductions periodically. We will not send you junk mailings or mail that contains pop ups, only information about our products and specials that are being offered;
- To present our Websites and its contents to you;
- To provide you with information that you request from us;
- To fulfill orders for products or services that you may place through the Websites or for any other purpose for which you provide it;
- To provide you with notices about your account;
- To notify you about changes to our Websites or any products or services we offer or provide though it;
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information; or
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please indicate as such on the order form. For more information, see the section titled Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information below.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates;
- To contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them;
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of Faber-Castell USA, Inc.’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Faber-Castell USA, Inc. about our Website users is among the assets transferred;
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it;
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information; or
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request;
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Faber-Castell USA, Inc., our customers or others.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Communications from Faber-Castell - If you wish to opt-out of receiving any future communication from us, including e-mail offers and updates, and would like to be removed from our database, please send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the e-mail address that you originally sent to us. This opt out does not apply to information provided to Faber-Castell as a result of a product purchase, product service experience or other transactions.
Text Marketing and Notifications
Faber-Castell must collect certain information in order to operate the Websites and to fulfill your requests or enable participation in certain online activities. We have implemented reasonable security measure designed to secure the personal information under our control from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. We use industry-standard practices, such as encrypted storage and password protection systems, to safeguard the confidentiality of information. The third party Shopatron online shopping service used by the Websites has built-in security measures to protect your information from loss, misuse and alteration.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Websites. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Websites.
Last modified: [11/13/2020]