DIY Tie-Dye Notebook
Back to school is a bittersweet time- the end of summer but the start of a new school year. Pick yourself up by making this “Tie-Dye” style notebook. What makes it great is that you don’t really need tie-dyeing supplies- and we avoid the mess by using tissue paper and shelf liner! Here’s what you need:
- inexpensive notebook (edge bound, not spiral)
- cardstock (heavy) paper
- tissue paper that “bleeds” when wet
- shelf liner
- paper punches
- glue stick
- duck tape or printed packing tape
- water misting bottle
Here is the full tutorial- in under 3 minutes!
Making the project is easy- here are the steps if you missed anything.
- Using punches, cut shapes from shelf liner. You can free-hand the shapes as well!
- Remove backing and apply the shelf liner stickers to the paper, smoothing them down to make sure they stick well.
- Cut strips of tissue, or make other shapes that you like.
- Lightly mist the paper with water, then lay the strips of tissue on top, overlapping slightly. Cover the whole paper.
- Add more water by misting until you see the colors run. Tip the paper to get them to mix!
- Let dry
- Remove the tissue and the shelf liner stickers.
- Repeat steps 1-7 for a second piece of paper if you’d like to cover the back of the notebook as well.
- Apply gluestick to the front of the notebook.
- Place paper along the black edge and smooth down. Let dry.
- Using the scissors, trim away the excess paper from the notebook cover and round the edges.
- Using the duck tape, cut a strip that is the same length as the notebook. Apply the tape so that it covers the left edge of the tie-dye paper and wraps around the back.
You can make one for each subject or use it as a planner. Never have a boring notebook again!
| Posted on October 03 2019