Faber-Castell® USA announces partnership with The World of Eric Carle
Creativity for Kids® to launch selection of Craft and Activity Kits based on iconic children’s book, The Very Hungry Caterpillar.
CLEVELAND, OH, January 26, 2023 – The World of Eric Carle has partnered with Faber-Castell® USA’s Creativity for Kids® brand, to create a series of children’s craft kits featuring Eric Carle’s timeless story The Very Hungry Caterpillar, set to launch this Spring 2023. The partnership was brokered by The Joester Loria Group, exclusive global licensing agent for The World of Eric Carle.
The Very Hungry Caterpillar Craft Kits from the Creativity for Kids line extends this classic children’s story beyond the book to a variety of thoughtfully chosen and inspiring craft and play activities.
“The World of Eric Carle has long been adored for its ability to nurture a child’s love of literature and learning while encouraging imaginative play, so we are so very honored to partner with the literary license to continue our mission in enriching lives through creativity and self-expression,” said Scott Flynn, President/CEO of Faber-Castell® USA. “The recognizable illustrations of The Very Hungry Caterpillar come to life in six new craft kits for preschoolers, ages 3-6.”
“We are delighted to bring these two brands together,” says Jackie DeMaio, Licensing Director, The Joester Loria Group. “The partnership of Creativity for Kids and the World of Eric Carle will continue to foster children’s imaginations through engaging products that celebrate Eric’s love of art.”
The highly anticipated collection combines Creativity for Kids’ exceptional quality and “everything you need” crafting approach with Eric Carle’s beloved story and whimsical illustrations, giving young children thrilling inspiration for creative self-expression:
- The Very Hungry Caterpillar Ready to Grow Garden, a whimsical twist on one of Creativity for Kids’ most popular collections, GROW, where children can decorate, plant and grow their very own Apple Terrarium as the Very Hungry Caterpillar “eats” his way through the garden
- The Very Hungry Caterpillar Story Puppets, a no-mess craft where children can practice their language development and creative play through colorful puppets decorated with peel-and-stick felt shapes
- The Very Hungry Caterpillar Fun Felt Play, an open-ended art activity that comes with an array of felt shapes, allowing children to create stories and pictures as they tell their version of The Very Hungry Caterpillar again and again
- The Very Hungry Caterpillar My Book Tote, a canvas bag with colorful peel-and-stick fabric shapes to make your very own book tote (complete with an apple “luggage tag” to store a library card!)
- The Very Hungry Caterpillar Craft & Play Pictures, a colorful set of 3 pictures, stickers and pom poms for children to make art with a “pom pom push” activity
- The Very Hungry Caterpillar Sticker Suncatchers, a mess-free assortment of The Very Hungry Caterpillar themed suncatchers with colorful translucent stickers and window clings
|Story Puppets||Fun Felt Play|
|My Book Tote||Craft & Play Pictures|
Faber-Castell® USA is headquartered in Cleveland, Ohio and is part of the global network of Faber-Castell companies in countries such as Australia, Brazil and Malaysia. Faber-Castell was founded more than 260 years ago as a pencil manufacturer and today is known for its high-quality, professional art supplies and fine writing instruments and accessories. In 1999, Creativity for Kids became part of the global network of Faber-Castell companies. The Creativity for Kids brand continues its well-deserved reputation as a consistent provider of quality, innovative, and thoughtful experiences for children that stimulate and encourage their natural creativity.
About The World of Eric Carle
The World of Eric Carle™ is a design-driven licensing and merchandising program based on the beloved picture books by Eric Carle. A prolific author and artist, Eric Carle has written and illustrated more than seventy books which have sold over 169 million copies worldwide. Like his books, The World of Eric Carle brand draws upon Eric Carle’s approach to creativity, discovery, play and development. Licensing and merchandising programs are ongoing in the US, Japan, China, UK, Australia, and Europe. For more information, please visit: www.Facebook.com/theworldofEricCarle
About The Joester Loria Group
The Joester Loria Group, is an award-winning full-service licensing and brand extension agency, representing PepsiCo’s North America beverage brands; Frito-Lay’s Cheetos and Doritos brand; Constellation Brands Beer portfolio including, Corona Extra and Modelo Especial (#1 import beer in the U.S.); Kellogg’s portfolio of cereal and snack brands; Ferrara Candy Company, Toyota and Lexus; Papyrus; The World of Eric Carle™ including The Very Hungry Caterpillar; Miffy