Valentine's Day Cards with Mixed Media Art
Posted on January 29 2020
Valentine's Day cards to celebrate love!
Hi everyone, Mou Saha here with a Valentine's Day card tutorial that celebrates love. Today I am working with Gelatos Pastels, a Pitt Artist Pen, a rubber stamp, and Gold Gel Paint from assorted Gelatos kits along with a Castell 9000 pencil. I have made a complete materials list for you.
- Gelatos Pastels - 15 Piece Set - #770168
- Gold Gel Paint Creative Studio - 20 Minute Studio - Abstract Art for Beginners
- Stamp from Creating with Gelatos - #770413T
- Grip® 2001 Graphite Pencil - HB
- Castell® 9000 Jumbo Graphite pencil - 4B - #119304
- Pitt Artist Pen® Big Brush - #129 Pink Madder Lake - #167629
- Kneadable Art Eraser - Grey
- 20 Minute Studio Watercolor Art for Beginners - #770805T
- Collapsible Water cup - #770310
- Mixed Media Stencils - Mandala - #770610
- Watercolor paper
- Wet wipe
Rub Gelatos Pastel colors Elderberry, Fig and Strawberry to the watercolor paper background which I cut to 9x 6 inches.
Blend the Gelatos colors with a brush from the Gelatos kit using water. Let it dry.
Draw a heart with a pencil on watercolor paper. Cut it out with scissors. Color the whole heart with Early Grey Gelatos Pastel.
Lay the Mandala stencil over the heart and remove colors through the stencil with a wet wipe. Let it dry.
Gently squeeze out little dots of Gold Gel Paint on the heart. Let dry.
Attach finished heart to the page with adhesive and add more colors around it with Elderberry and Strawberry Gelatos Pastel.
Rub Earl Grey Gelatos Pastel on the stamp, huff on it or spritz with water and stamp on the art journal page to create some subtle visual texture.
Journal with the Castell 9000 Jumbo 4B Graphite pencil and add accents with Stamper’s Big Brush pen Pink Madder Lane to finish.
I hope you enjoyed today’s tutorial as much as I enjoyed creating it. Sometimes it’s a lot of fun to pull out various tools from your stash and use them in new combinations.